ADJUSTING THE TARGET (FOR SERIES 3400
TYPE INDICATORS):(For assemblies made after 8/12)
For an “open left” valve the “OPEN” sign should be mounted
above the “SHUT” sign. (Fig. 2B) For an “open right” valve the
“SHUT” sign should be mounted above the “OPEN” sign.
1. With a 3/8”, (10mm) allen wrench, remove the four Bonnet
Bolts (F216) attaching the Bonnet (F337), to the Head/Upper
Barrel Assembly (F327). (See Fig. 2A).
2. Pull the Bonnet and Target Assembly away from the Head/
3. If the Post Indicator is to be mounted on an open left valve,
the “OPEN” Plate (F321) remains in the top position of the
Target (F318). (See Fig. 2B).
4. To configure for “open right” remove the Plate Attachment
Screws (F322), and Plate Nuts (F320) with a flat bladed
screwdriver and 7/16”,(11mm) wrench. Switch the locations
of the “OPEN” and “SHUT” Plates. The “SHUT” Plate F319,
should be mounted on top. (See Fig. 2C).
5. Re-attach the associated hardware. Ensure that the “OPEN”
Plate is in the correct location for the size of valve that the
Post Indicator is being mounted on.
NOTE: Each set of dimples in the target is marked for the
correct valve size (4″ through (12-16″)). The Target
Spacer (F323) should always be mounted on the
Attachment Bolts that attach the “OPEN” plate.
(See Fig. 3, on page 5)
6. Lift the re-assembled post indicator Bonnet/Target Assembly
onto the Head/Upper Barrel Assembly. Make sure the upper
stem rod slides into the lower stem rod.
7. Install and tighten the four Bonnet Bolts (F216) attaching the
Bonnet (F337) to the Head/Upper Barrel Upper Barrel
Assembly (F327) .